- Provide counsel to tribes and tribal organizations to determine the appropriate business entity structure to maximize tax benefits and tribal economic development objectives.
- Advise and assist on the formation and incorporation of business entities.
- Review and prepare documentation for Section 8a applications to the Small Business Administration (SBA).
- Advise on matters related to the operation of business entities including, for example:
- Applicability of Tribal Employment Rights Ordinances (TEROs)
- Indian preference laws
- Applicability of federal labor, health and safety, and procurement laws
- Bonding and insurance issues
- Provide on-going monitoring and advocacy on Section 8a regulations and legislative developments.
Get updates on Native Law & Policy Development as they unfold in our General Memoranda.