- Provide counsel to tribes on obtaining federal recognition by Congress and the Secretary of the Interior through the Federal Acknowledgment Process and the Alaska Indian Reorganization Act.
- Advise tribes on the collection and presentation of documentation in support of its petition for federal recognition.
- Guide professional experts in documenting the continuity of a tribal community’s existence and political authority.
- Advise tribes on the mechanisms for acquiring financial support for the acknowledgment process.
- Negotiate financing agreements.
- Provide legal counsel for the federal recognition process including:
- Land claims
- Political support in Congress and states
Get updates on Native Law & Policy Development as they unfold in our General Memoranda.